Time for yourself….
Busy! Busy! Busy! And we haven’t even started to think about the holidays that will soon be approaching. With hectic schedules we often put our own needs on the back burner.
Here are some great tips to ensure YOU are not lost in the mix.
1. Put yourself on the calendar. Set aside time every week that is just for you. Pick a time that is always consistent so that the rest of the family, including yourself will see it as YOU time.
2. Make a to-do list and rate everything by importance. Writing down a list of things that are happening that week including things that need to get done will help you find things that you may be able to double up or organize so that you can accomplish them in a shorter time frame.
3. Make a wish list. What are the things you wish you had time for? This might allow you to find ways of incorporating them into your daily routine.
4. Delegate. Pass off some of the things that others can help you do. I am sure a family member would help out with a few chores if it could help your energy level so that you have more time to do the fun stuff with them.
5. Learn to say no. Turn down party invites and volunteer jobs that your heart is not in.
6. Limit time wasters. Take a look at how you do spend your time. Is there anything that you do that you feel you could easily give up for something more enjoyable? I bet if you think about it there is at least 30 minutes of TV show that is not worth your time.
7. Double up. When you list out your day/week is there anything you could do to kill two birds with one stone? For example, fold the laundry and watch your favorite show or cook dinner and listen to the book you have wanted to read.
At the end of the day we are all wiped out. The important thing is that we did something to refill our tanks or have a time set aside in the near future to do so. Always remember your own needs are important.