3 zucchini, medium
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup salsa
1 1/2 cups Mexican shredded cheese blend
Optional toppings: sour cream, cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop out the insides of the zucchini with a spoon or melon scooper
- Place the scooped out zucchini shells into a 9 by 13 baking dish and cook for 20 minutes
- Brown the turkey with garlic.
- Once the turkey is browned, add the seasonings, salsa and 1 cup of cheese.
- Continue to cook until cheese is melted.
- Fill zucchini with this mixture then top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Enjoy with optional toppings