The Pro's and Con's of waxing and shaving
I've had a lot of people ask me the PRO's vs CON's of shaving and waxing.
Here's the honest truth:
+ cheap and easy. You probably already have a razor in your shower
+ quick, immediate results
- just another thing you have to do
- higher maintenance than you realize, need to shave more than 104 times a year!
- more chance for skin irritation, razor bumps, and ingrown hairs
- only cuts hair at the surface, so you have stubble by DAY 2 or 3
- have to budget time every week to ensure you're hair free
- less efficient and sanitary than a professional wax (you know you have to shave every couple of days...how well does your razor get rinsed out and properly cleaned?)
- hair grows back in same thickness and fullness as before, since you're only cutting it at the surface.
+ quick, immediate results
+ 4-6 WEEKS until you have to worry about hair removal again, so you don't have stubble until WEEK 2 or 3
+ less chance for ingrown hairs, skin irritation, and bumps
+ once you start, its hard to ever go back to shaving.
+ only have to budget time once a month to ensure you're hair free
+ hair grows back thinner and sparser over time, since it is always being removed from the base of the follicle
+ saves you more time, and is financially more efficient over time
+ lower maintenance than you realize
- costs more than a razor initially
- takes some planning for the first initial wax
- it is painful in some areas, but you get used to it
Take your hygiene and self care to the level it deserves. If you get your brows waxed, why not your legs or underarms? Why not your bikini line or better yet a Brazilian wax?
Checkout Our Commercial...
Airbrush tanning is the safe effective way to get that bronze look you’ve always wanted. It gives you instant color that lasts up to a week. This instant tan is great for any special occasion or for that everyday summer tan you crave. For only $19 and 15 minutes you leave with a healthier, darker tan, than you would if you spent a month in a tanning bed.
1. Plan ahead: Which day do you want to look most gorgeous? Book your airbrush for a day or two before this.
2. Always make sure your skin is exfoliated: If you haven’t exfoliated your body for a while, do it every couple days leading up to the airbrush. Concentrate on areas such as knees, feet, elbows, and ankles. (Try our Lomasi Pomegranate body scrub $16. )
3. Take care of hair removal the night before: shaving after the application, will make the color fade faster. Shaving too soon before the application may also cause sensitivity.
4. If possible, have a shower before your airbrush appointment: It’s good to remove moisturizer, deodorant, and sweat.
5. Wear loose, dark clothing: Even go without a bra if you can. Don’t wear anything you’d want to risk airbrush solution getting on.
6. Don’t be shy: Airbrush tanners have seen it all. The less you wear, the better the results.
7. Keep it dry: There’s no use forking out $$$ if you’re going to head straight to the gym. You’ll just sweat, and your color with either come off or be blotchy.
8. Wait the full time before showering: and remember, it’s normal to see some color come off when you first shower. Keep your water temperature at cool to warm, and don’t scrub your skin. Instead, gently wash your body, without a loofah, and when drying, pat your skin instead of rub it.
9. Keep your body moisturized over the next 7 days: You can’t stop the natural cycle of shedding skin cells, but you can keep your skin hydrated so that your tan looks natural as it fades. (Try our Malibu Skin Care line, rich with vitamin C to keep your skin healthy.)
Happily Servicing Both Madison & Dane County